Can´t open .json file in Trados 2024 although the correct plugin is installed / Does somebody have any idea?

Trados Studio error message window showing two warnings. The first warning states 'Die Ermittlung des Dateityps ist fehlgeschlagen,' and the second warning mentions 'Additional text encountered after finished reading JSON content: Path', at line 2, position 12.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 11:58 AM (GMT 1) on 18 Oct 2024]
emoji
  • "Probability score": 0.6

"Question improvement suggestion": Please provide more details such as the exact error message you're encountering, the steps you've taken to try and resolve the issue, and any recent changes you've made to your system or software. Also, please specify the version of Trados Studio you're using and your operating system.

In the meantime, based on the information you have provided, here is a suggested answer to your question:

Hello,

It seems like you're having trouble opening a .json file in Trados Studio 2024. While Trados Studio does not natively support multilingual JSON files, there are third-party plugins available that can process certain formats of these files. However, these plugins are not supported by RWS and may not work in all cases.

If you've already installed a plugin and are still unable to open the .json file, it's possible that the file format is not compatible with the plugin. Here are a few steps you can take:

Step 1: Ensure that the plugin is correctly installed and enabled in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Check the format of your .json file. If it's a multilingual JSON file, it may not be compatible with the plugin you're using.

Step 3: Try opening the .json file in a different text editor to see if there are any formatting issues that could be causing the problem.

Step 4: If you're still unable to open the file, you may need to seek a custom solution or use a different tool that supports multilingual JSON files.

I hope this answer addressed your question. If not, please reject the answer, add the question improvement suggestion information, and click the RWS Community AI checkbox on the right to try again.

RWS Community AI

emoji
  •  

Looks like your JSON file is corrupt, i.e. non-compliant with JSON. You either know how to fix that (if it is fixable) or return it to your client to fix. If it's not confidential you can find help here.

Daniel

emoji
  • Hi Daniel, Thanks for your comments on my "problem"; first of all I´ll ask my client to check the file; probably the file is corrupt for some reason.

Gunnar

emoji