How to open MQXLZ files in Studio 2015?

My client has sent me 6 files to edit in MemoQ and a TM. Since I only have the free version of MemoQ, I want to use Studio 2015 which I use daily and prefer.

My list of file types in Studio says that MQXLZ is supported, but when I try to translate an individual document in Studio, I get the error "This file type is not supported".

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to translate the memoQ files in Studio please?

Thanks,

Joanne

Parents Reply
  • Hi Joanne,

I know what the link says... I wrote it ;-)

These filetypes are listed and supported, so this is why I mentioned two things.

1. Make sure your file really is what you think it is, and if it is then
    2. check that you are using a project template that contains the filetype support

So for example... maybe you upgraded from an older version of Studio and are using the old project templates that would not have this support? Easily remedied but could be a reason for the message you have got.

If you don't know how to check these things maybe we can do a quick skype session to look at your setup? Drop me an email if this is ok and we can look at this now - pfilkin@sdl.com

Regards

Paul

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children