We have been asked many times "Is it possible to create invoices directly in Studio?" and which until recently has not been possible without using TMS (Translation Management System). TMS systems are however designed for the large corporate/enterprise users and are prohibitively expensive for freelancers. Therefore, the only viable solution has been to manually create an invoice based on SDL Studio’s Analysis Statistics (or using the statistics produced from a third party application). This approach has always been time-consuming and is prone to errors in the overall calculations.
However, there are now an app available on the SDL App Store. SDL Trados Business Manager Lite (available for Studio 2019 SR1 users or higher only).
The SDL Trados Business Manager Lite plugin, integrates seamlessly into Studio and takes the required data directly from your own Studio projects list, to create invoices and/or quotations that you can easily print and send via email.
Developed specifically for freelance translators, SDL Trados Business Manager Lite can help you to:
- Create quotes and invoices for Studio projects
- Import analysis data from other CAT tools to produce quotes and invoices for non-Studio projects
- Use the time tracker to generate invoices based on time spent editing a project in Studio
- Customize quotes and invoices to design professional looking templates
- Monitor the dashboard for insights on project, quote and invoice status, volume by specializations, time spent translating and more
- Export any chart from the dashboard
- Store and manage customer data in one place; centralized information includes price lists, currency and VAT
- Comply with the mandatory e-Invoicing requirement in Italy and Poland. (more countries are to be added that require e-Invoicing).
Once you have installed SDL Trados Business Manager Lite, and created your first project, you will see in the notification tab, and that now have the ability to 'Create an Invoice'
However, before you can use the App to create invoices and quotations, you should spend a little time customizing the App with both your own and your client profiles.
You can create your customer profiles, pricing, service types...etc.
Please remember to click SAVE each time you make changes/updates. Otherwise, these will be lost if you move to another tab.
SDL Trados Business Manager make invoicing easy, as the Fuzzy statistics are taken directly from Studio, meaning there are no inconsistencies in invoicing/creating quotations between Studio/SDL Trados Business Manager and your clients who are also using SDL Trados Studio.
In this free SDL Trados Business Manager Lite version, you have two different invoice templates and a standard quotation template, providing you with the required functionality to create quick, accurate and simple invoices and quotes directly in SDL Studio, saving both time and money.
You can also create 15 invoices and 15 Quotes in the trial version- If you require more, you can purchase a licence.
If you are looking for a comprehensive desktop solution fully integrated with SDL Trados Studio and SDL Trados GroupShare, to help manage translation business tasks, plus multi-user access to a shared database- then SDL Trados Business Manager TEAM might be the right solution for you.
We can also offer SDL Trados Business Manager ONLINE for added access via your web browser