How to find reuse metrics relatively quickly?

I am trying to get counts of conrefs, variables, images and topics included a baseline to present some metrics about the amount of reuse (some factors are ignored). My approach is to parse the fields:

FISHVARINUSE
FISHLINKS
FISHFRAGMENTLINKS
FISHIMAGELINKS

For each baseline, I get the logical id and version of each map or topic. The DocumentObj.RetrieveLanguageMetadata endpoint only allows you to specify 1 version. So, I make multiple calls per baseline for each version included in the baseline. This is very slow since I have to do this for thousands of baselines.

Do you know of a faster way to gather this information?

Parents
  • Hi All, 

Tridion Docs 15.1 will have a Metrics feature that will have a set of predefined charts:

- Content reuse chart will show you the reuse level for a selected period highlighting the amount of new content compared to the one that was reused and the reuse level

- Return on Investment chart shows the value of using Tridion Docs for a selected period based on the customer’s reuse level versus creating content from scratch. As well as showing a trend over a specified period to see how much you are saving with Tridion Docs

- Productivity chart shows publishing activity for a selected period indicating the status of published outputs

There is also a recent blog on community explaining the reuse formula:  A guide how to understand Tridion Docs’ new Reuse Metrics 

It has an exercise at the end  to test your knowledge of the principle

emoji
  • Hi All, 

Tridion Docs 15.1 will have a Metrics feature that will have a set of predefined charts:

- Content reuse chart will show you the reuse level for a selected period highlighting the amount of new content compared to the one that was reused and the reuse level

- Return on Investment chart shows the value of using Tridion Docs for a selected period based on the customer’s reuse level versus creating content from scratch. As well as showing a trend over a specified period to see how much you are saving with Tridion Docs

- Productivity chart shows publishing activity for a selected period indicating the status of published outputs

There is also a recent blog on community explaining the reuse formula:  A guide how to understand Tridion Docs’ new Reuse Metrics 

It has an exercise at the end  to test your knowledge of the principle

emoji
Children
No Data