Getting error 102006: InvalidMissingValueLevelCard after adding Custom Metadata field in the ishfrmgroup

Environment i am working on Tridion 14SP2 

Getting Error after adding the new Checkbox field in the UI Form for PublicationOutput Card. 

Error:

Value is missing for the "Include Publication Output File Mode" field of object "GUID-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx=2=PDF (A4 Manual)=en". [c:11681 ce:GUID-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx ct:CTPUBLICATIONOUTPUT f:1063 fe:FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE ft:LOV fmin:1 fmax:1] [102006;MissingValueLevelCard]

By following the steps mentioned in the documentation,

I could add the custom field FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE using the XMLStructre as given below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<setup version="2.0">
<fields>
<field element="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE" issystem="false" isbasic="true" ismandatory="true" isindexable="false">
<label>Include Publication Output File Mode</label>
<description>Include OutputFileMode in the metadata as a boolean Value If Selected OutputFileMode would be by FileName else would be By GUID</description>
<typelov element="BOOLEAN" ismultivalue="false" />
</field>
</fields>
<cardtypes>
<cardtype element="CTPUBLICATIONOUTPUT">
<fielddefinition>
<cardtypefield element="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE">
<lovfield>
<defaultvalue ishvaluetype='element'>FALSE</defaultvalue>
</lovfield>
</cardtypefield>
</fielddefinition>
</cardtype>
</cardtypes>
</setup>

Also configured the MetadataConfog.xml under cleintConfig Folder:

here is the snippet i have added in the metadataconfig file

XML code snippet showing the setup of a custom field 'Include Publication Output File Mode' with a boolean type and default value set to 'FALSE'.

Here is the UI Field added into the screen:

Screenshot of Trados Studio UI showing the 'Draft options' section with a new checkbox field labeled 'Include Output FileMode'.

i am not sure what i am missing here, 

Please guide me here on what i am missing here. I followed the steps exactly mentioned in the documentation. Is there any other steps which i am missing.

If pointers to the issue and proper steps provided it would be really helpful.

Thanks 

Shrinidhi

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:45 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi Shrinidhi,

Error "MissingValueLevelCard" means that the server-side data layer believes you did not offer a value to comply with your field setup.

Your above field setup states

1. Field "FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE" is mandatory and not multi value (hence fmin:1 fmax:1)
    2. You also specified "<defaultvalue ishvaluetype='element'>FALSE</defaultvalue>" which means at field creation (DBUT), you added a FALSE value to every existing Publication Output object for this field (as it is mandatory)

In analysis, I would like to see the following information...

1. What is posted from your browser, so a Fiddler trace is useful
    2. Matching server-side log files of the Fiddler trace

I can imagine you don't want to obfuscate that all, so perhaps promote to a Customer Support ticket?

• Thanks Meyer for your response. 

In this case, 

Custom Field is appearing for all the outputs with checkboxes not selected by default. This is actual requirement, hence i set it default value as false. Should it be true? when we run the DBUT Tool?

after updating the metadataconfig file in this manner under DraftOptionsFrmGroup

<ishfrmfield name="PublicationOutput.IncludeOutputFileMode" ishfieldref="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE" level="lng">
    <label resourceref="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE.Label">Include Output FileMode</label>
    <description resourceref="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE.Description">Include Output FileMode in the output.</description>
    <typecheckbox>
    <checkedvalue>Yes</checkedvalue>
    <uncheckedvalue>No</uncheckedvalue>
    </typecheckbox>
    <readonly ishcondition="IsReleased='true'" />
    <readonly ishcondition="ChangeMode='Update'" />
    <value overwrite="yes" ishcondition="CreateReason = 'NewObject'" />
    </ishfrmfield>

I could create a new Output Format . But when i select the outputs formats, select Custom Field checkbox and then click on modify button, the spinner runs forever. 

• At present we are looking for your suggestions on these steps of Adding a new Field

S1. How to add a new Custom Field FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE into the OutputFormat Creator Form under DraftOptions FrmGroup. with Default checkbox unselected. This is acheived.

S2. Upon Selection of the checkbox, we should be able to update back for processing in the backend. this is not happening.

Also i have query regarding the DB. Do we have any dependency on DB which we are using when we are creating Custom ISHFields.

For information, we are working on Vanila DB Dump (bundled with OOTB Installer). 

Reply Children
No Data