Multiterm error

Hello to all,

I'm using MultiTerm 2022. 

I have recently created a termbase with three languages: DE, EN, FR.

I had translated a text DE-FR and created some term base entries DE-FR, among other things, for "Standaschenbecher", which in FR is "Cendrier sur pied".

I have now translated the same text DE-EN and would like to add the English target term "Standing ashtray", but it doesn't let me.

It says that the entry is being processed by another user. Please try again later." But this isn't possible, since I do not use the cloud function and I can be the only user.

I've then tried to add the English target term manually in Multiterm, but this doesn't work either.

The strange thing is that it did work before for the term "Aschenbecher". I could add the English target term "Ashtray" and it worked.

I've contacted the technical support who told me to reorganize and encrypt my file, which I tried according to the link sent.

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000001161#:~:text=Open the Termbase Management view,be encrypted, select Encrypt Entries.

But the strange thing is that it doesn't work either, it seems. On the top it says that the termbase has been reorganised and on the bottom it says "error: the termbase is already encrypted. The operation is not valid."

Info: In my folder where I have stored the file there is a lock file that wasn't there before. Maybe it has something got to do with that.

Please see the screenshots sent:

Thank you very much for your help!

Greetings, Christin 

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing a warning message 'This entry is currently being processed by another user. Please try again later.' in the Termbase Management view.

Screenshot of Trados Studio's MultiTerm 2022 with an error message 'At least one error has occurred.' while trying to add the English term 'standing ashtray' to a termbase entry.

Screenshot of a folder containing Trados Studio termbase files, highlighting a lock file named 'Master Termbank.ltb' which may indicate the termbase is in use or locked.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 2:24 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello Christin,

I understand that you're having trouble adding a new term to your termbase in MultiTerm 2022. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing.

Based on your description, it seems like there might be an issue with the specific termbase you're working with. Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can try to resolve this:

Step 1: Close all running instances of Trados Studio and MultiTerm.

Step 2: Navigate to the folder where your termbase (.sdltb file) is stored.

Step 3: If you see a file with the same name as your termbase but with a .#mt extension (this is the lock file you mentioned), delete this file. This file is created when MultiTerm is accessing the termbase and it should be removed when MultiTerm is closed. If it's still there, it might be causing the issue.

Step 4: Open MultiTerm and try to add the term again.

If the problem persists, you might need to recreate your termbase. Here's how you can do this:

Step 1: Export your current termbase to an XML file.

Step 2: Create a new termbase in MultiTerm.

Step 3: Import the XML file to the new termbase.

Step 4: Try to add the term to the new termbase.

Please note that recreating the termbase should be your last resort as it can be a time-consuming process.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or if the problem persists, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • How do I export the current termbase to an XML file? Could you explain me the steps?

emoji
Reply Children
No Data