Multiterm Convert. Error: The conversion option could not be initialised properly. The file cannot be opened in Microsoft Excel.

Hi! 

I tried to create a termbase from an MS Excel glossary using MultiTerm Convert, but when I start the conversion and select the input file and click Next an error message appears: "The conversion option could not be initialised properly. The file cannot be opened in Microsoft Excel". 

I already saw the RWS Support Guide (https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000008785), but the issue is not resolved.

My Pc version: Windows 10 Home 22H2

Multiterm version: Multiterm SR2 17.2.2.2737

Trados version: Trados Studio SR2 17.2.9.18688

Error message in MultiTerm Convert stating 'The conversion option could not be initialised properly. The file cannot be opened in Microsoft Excel.' with an OK button.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 9:45 AM (GMT 0) on 18 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  •   

Nothing really remarkable. I notice the build numbers are different but that's just a detail. No magic on this end, VDI or anything else. Been using the same workflow for years, the entire time we've been using M365. Until recently -- probably 6-12 months -- was using the old MultiTerm Convert from 2019; this was also running without any problems. Now using Convert from 2022. I've got MTD 2022 installed but never use it. Just checked and it's one version back I think:

Screenshot showing MultiTerm Desktop 2022 version update prompt, with the latest version 17.2.3.2795 available for download and the current version 17.2.2.2737 installed.

Studio 2022 is up to date.

I use MTD 2019 instead for the simple reason that it allows me to create a view with my own background (there's a forum entry about that somewhere). Every month I export our termbase and create a brand new one based on it (catalog items included). This is the easiest way with our approval process. All of this is done using MTD 2019. Not sure that would affect Convert however.

Granted, I did not carry out the conversion of the file above all the way through, got it to the "Set up fields" step but from what I understand, I made it past the error phase which was right at the beginning when selecting the input file.

Can't think of any limitations / special features of Excel. Works as I would normally expect with no extra/missing bells or whistles.

If there's anything else you would like to know, please just holler.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:14 AM (GMT 0) on 25 Mar 2024]
Children
No Data