Trados Business Manager
Speech to Text
Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
Internal Trados Ideas Community
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Access Customer Portal
RWS Professional Services
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Academic Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion UK Meetup
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group New England
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
Tridion West Coast User Group
WorldServer User Group
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Studio Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
RWS Language Cloud TMS Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Documentation
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
Hope you are well!
I just got a notification about the new version 6 and can’t wait to use it.
I have a few questions if you don’t mind.
1) Will Version 5 continue to work nice and happily after I install V6.
2) How do I export my reports (not "Quick Reports" - just "Reports") from V5 so I can find them on V6?
3) I tried to install V6 on a "spare" Windows 10 computer, just to look at it, but I get this message when I try to run it after installation
A bit ominous, I suspect .Below are the specs of the machine
All the best!
1. Yes, I have versions 5 and 6 running side by side on the same machine. No clashes. 2. I followed the instructions here to transfer my reports (i.e. invoice templates) from V5 to V6 (see point…
We didn't contact for such a long time. Happy to hear you!
Thank you Emma for commenting here!! I just confirm what you said - TBM 5 and 6 are independent software, so it's safe to install…
Indeed, I have fixed installer.. Easy ) Thanks for advise!
1. Yes, I have versions 5 and 6 running side by side on the same machine. No clashes. 2. I followed the instructions here to transfer my reports (i.e. invoice templates) from V5 to V6 (see point 7 near the end): community.sdl.com/.../upgrading-from-version-53. No idea!
Hope points 1 and 2 help,Emma
Thank you Emma for commenting here!! I just confirm what you said - TBM 5 and 6 are independent software, so it's safe to install parallel.
As for question 3, definitely an issue is in Windows version, which is 32 bit. Since TBM is now 64 bit application, it can't run on 32-bit systems. I think we can compile it for 32-bit, but since such systems almost aren't used these days, probably it won't be a good idea to support 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Yes, it’s been a long time. I hope you’re well!
I’ll try and install it in the next few days.
But just an observation, if it’s not compatibile with 32-bit windows, wouldn’t it be useful to refuse the installation from the beginning, instead of installing and not run?