The MT Comparison Tool allows you to generate translation reports based on Language Cloud Translation engines and/or any other MT provider in your project settings.
Good to know:
- Application runs analysis for only one project at the time. If you select multiple projects -> "MT Comparison Report" a message window will appear.
- Some of the Translation Provider plugins can store Supported Languages in the settings of the project IF they are up to date -> use the latest updates (of the TPs) and you'll be able to see their supported language pairs and their flags in the MT Comparison Tool.
Where can I find it?
Right click on the project you want to run the application and select "MT Comparison Tool" action.
After the connection to LC was established MT Comparison Tool window will appear:
This window is divided in 3 areas:
- Translation providers grid. The grid will be populated will all translation engines available in LC which matches the language pairs from selected project.
- Files grid. This grid will be populated with the files available in selected project.
- Report settings. We'll add in the report only the segments which match the criteria selected in the interface
Report settings details
By default the application will add only untranslated, unlocked segments in the report. If the status of the segment isn't "Not Translated" that segment will not be added to report
- "Include drafts and translated segments"
- "Include locked segments"
- "Include draft segments below"
- "Include AT segments" Include segments that were translated and confirmed by automated translation.
- "Only translate ... segments". Add there the number of segments you want to add in your report for each file. Because the application allows selection of multiple engines and multiple files we added 5 segments by default.
- "Only translate engine from segment ... to segment ... ". This option allows you to specify the range of segments you want to see in the report
- "Only translate segments that are ... characters or over". Allows you to specify the length of the segment.
How to generate the report?
After you selected the engines, files and settings for your report click on "Generate report". A new window will appear from where you need to select the destination path and the name of your report.
After the report was generated successfully a confirmation message will appear and the generated report will be opened automatically.
Structure of the report
For each language pair a new style sheet is created. For each file a new table with translation results is created.