The ApplyTmTemplate plugin's primary purpose is to apply a template to many TMs at once, but it can also:
- export the resources from the template to an Excel document,
- to import language resources from an Excel document to a template or
- to import language resources from a TM to a template.
You can find this plugin in the Add-Ins ribbon tab.
When you start the application, please first select a relevant Template.
If you don't already have one, you can create a new 'Language Resource Template' via the Translation Memories tab
When you open the application, please select the relevant Template.
(If you don't select a template (and have added TM's, you will see a warning message)
Select /Deselect the options you wish to apply. Now select Add Folder or Add TM's
And now select the required TM's you wish to apply the template-
(nothing will happen if you don't select the required TM's- The Apply option will remain disabled)
If the template is new, instead of clicking on Apply you'll need to click on the template path, to expand the context options and select "Import from TMs to template". This will update the template with the TMs rules.
Now select Apply. -
Once complete, you can hover over the TM and see tool tips showing whether the Template has been applied and if not, the reasons for this.
If you want to export the language resources from the template to an Excel document:
- click on the "Export" button
In case there are languages in the template which cannot be identified, a message will be displayed informing the user of all the languages that were and weren't identified (this applies to every other action in case there are languages that cannot be identified)
- after the export is complete, a message will be displayed and the Excel file will be automatically opened after the user clicks on "OK"
- If you want to Import from an excel document
- click "Import from Excel to template"
- select an Excel document which contains resources previously exported and wait for the completion message to be displayed.
- If you want to Import from TMs
- load TMs in the app like shown for Apply action
- click on "Import from TMs to template"