Query TU by ID on the GroupShare REST API

Hi,

is it possible to query one or more TUs by their ID through the GroupShare REST API? I have not found any related method on the swagger definition, and also have not found a way to reference the ID in the filters (http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL%20studio%20groupshare/en/TM_system_fields.htm)

thanks,

Tamas

Parents
  • Hi ,

you are right, there is no special end-point to query a specific translation unit using a TU ID or GUID.
    I did find one trick that can be used to get a particular TU by using the /tus endpoint and 'startTuId' and 'count' query parameters.

Here is what you can try:

- each TU has a 'tuid' under the 'metadata' object in JSON, for example 5
    (please note that these ids are integers, not guids)

- when you use the /api/tmservice/tms/{tmId}/tus endopoint to get all TUs you can specify
    'startTuId' and a 'count' as query parameters (they are actually mandatory)

- so for our example, if you'd need TU with id=5 you would then call that endpoint
    with 'startTuId=4' and 'count=1'

I did test this on a couple of TMs and various TUs and it works but we're not using this anywhere in production so I cannot guarantee anything.
    Please note that these integer TU IDs do not have to be in order / continuous.

Give it a try and see if this helps with your problem. If you'd need more info or a demonstration just please contact me directly via email.

Thanks,
    Mio

emoji
  • Hi ,

you are right, there is no special end-point to query a specific translation unit using a TU ID or GUID.
    I did find one trick that can be used to get a particular TU by using the /tus endpoint and 'startTuId' and 'count' query parameters.

Here is what you can try:

- each TU has a 'tuid' under the 'metadata' object in JSON, for example 5
    (please note that these ids are integers, not guids)

- when you use the /api/tmservice/tms/{tmId}/tus endopoint to get all TUs you can specify
    'startTuId' and a 'count' as query parameters (they are actually mandatory)

- so for our example, if you'd need TU with id=5 you would then call that endpoint
    with 'startTuId=4' and 'count=1'

I did test this on a couple of TMs and various TUs and it works but we're not using this anywhere in production so I cannot guarantee anything.
    Please note that these integer TU IDs do not have to be in order / continuous.

Give it a try and see if this helps with your problem. If you'd need more info or a demonstration just please contact me directly via email.

Thanks,
    Mio

emoji
Children