Error during PerfectMatch calls in Trados 2021 API

We have a custom tool (external to Trados) that calls into the Trados API.   This tool has been working fine in Trados 2019.   Now that we are upgrading our users to Trados 2021, we need to update this tool but we are encountering issues during the PerfectMatch calls.

I am posting this on behalf of our developer.  She will create an account on the forum and continue the discussion, but I am posting this to get things started. She wrote this:

Our tool calls the SDL.ProjectAutomation.Filebased.dll's RunAutomaticTasks (Guid[] projectFileds, String[] taskTemplateIds) method.  The tasks we want to run:

- Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.PerfectMatch

- Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.Analysis

- Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.Translate

But it throws this message:

Error  Unexpected exception when completing task 'Analyze Files': Object reference not set to an instance of an object..          AutomaticTaskExecuter    

Error  Unexpected exception when configuring file multiFileConverter for task 'Apply PerfectMatch': Unable to find assembly 'Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Implementation, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888'.    

If we just run Analysis and Translate, this issue doesn't occur. I think the reason is probably that only PerfectMacth has this reference to  Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Implementation because of the multiFileConverter. I have checked and this DLL does exist in the same folder as the SDL.ProjectAutomation.Filebased so it is strange that it can't find the reference.

Thank you.

emoji