TMExporter does not do anything in Studio 2022 CU4

Hi I am not sure, which CU introduced this issue, but I just detected that the TMExporter does not actually export anything using Studio 2022 CU4 (TradosStudio2022_17.0.4.13209).

I tested my code against the initial release of Studio 2022 - and there it still works fine (i.e. TradosStudio2022_17.0.0.11594).

This is the code:

Try

Dim FileBasedTM As New Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.FileBasedTranslationMemory(strTMFile)

Dim TMExporter As New Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.TranslationMemoryExporter(FileBasedTM.LanguageDirection)

SourceLng = TMExporter.TranslationMemoryLanguageDirection.SourceLanguage.ToString

TargetLng = TMExporter.TranslationMemoryLanguageDirection.TargetLanguage.ToString

'TM export to TMX

AddHandler TMExporter.BatchExported, AddressOf Exporter_BatchExported

TMExporter.ChunkSize = 100

strExportFile = TMsPath & "\Export_" & strFileNoExt & ".tmx"

TMExporter.Export(strExportFile, True)

Catch ex As Exception

Me.RichTextBox1.AppendText(ControlChars.Cr & strTMFile & " could not be exported." & ControlChars.Cr)

Me.RichTextBox1.Update()

End Try

I am aware, that we should use Sdl.Core.TM.ImportExport and so I adjusted my code as follows:

Try

Dim FileBasedTM As New Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.FileBasedTranslationMemory(strTMFile)

Dim TMExporter As New Sdl.Core.TM.ImportExport.Exporter()

'TM export to TMX

AddHandler TMExporter.BatchExported, AddressOf Exporter_BatchExported

TMExporter.ChunkSize = 100

strExportFile = TMsPath & "\Export_" & strFileNoExt & ".tmx"

strImportFile = TMsPath & "\Import_" & strFileNoExt & ".tmx"

TMExporter.Export(FilebasedTM, strExportFile, True)

Catch ex As Exception

Me.RichTextBox1.AppendText(ControlChars.Cr & strTMFile & " could not be exported." & ControlChars.Cr)

Me.RichTextBox1.Update()

End Try

But the result is the same - the Export is started, the TMX file gets created but the process then does not fill it with exported TUs.

The process just never finishes and the file size remains at 0 kb.

As I said - I just tested against the initial release of Studio 2022 (which I happened to still find in my downloads folder) and with that release of Studio there is no problem...

Any chance to have this issue fixed?

emoji
Parents Reply Children