trados studio api references

Hi all, to work with Trados Studio API (2015) I have copied all libraries from c:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio4\ to my bin\debug. When I have distributed final application with hunderds of trados libraries - and it worked! No license issue and other dependencies problems. Now, I am creating a new project using the trados api and it dosn't work. Only one thing is another - version of Visual Studio - now 2022, previosly 2012. But I think there should be no impact. What can be the issue?

What I did:

- output to 32bit code

references & namespaces:

Sdl.Core.Globalization.dll
Sdl.Core.Settings.dll
Sdl.ProjectApi.dll
Sdl.ProjectAutomation.Core.dll
Sdl.ProjectAutomation.FileBased.dll
Sdl.ProjectAutomation.Settings.dll
Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core.dll
Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory.dll
Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.dll

Can I found any "changelog" if I use another api (e.g 2017 instead of 2015.

And last question: What files have to be carried with main application to be working with Trados Studio API? or any reference pointing to Trados files so I have't to have hundrets files packed together with main app.

Thanks for answering all 3 issues.

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi  ,

let's step back and walk through the process, to help me understand your setup:

1. You have Trados Studio installed (with a professional license) on the machine that you are using for plugin development, correct?
    2. You implement the API's with your plugin or standalone development project by making reference to the assemblies from the installed location of Trados Studio, correct?

Can you also confirm if you building a plugin integration with Trados Studio or a standalone application?  If you are creating a standalone application, then remember that it would need to be installed in the same location as the Trados Studio installation.  You cannot simply copy the binaries from the installed product to another folder and expect it to work, as each of the API's have multiple dependencies.

And last question: What files have to be carried with main application to be working with Trados Studio API? or any reference pointing to Trados files so I have't to have hundrets files packed together with main app.

You should not package any of the SDK/API assemblies with you plugin.  The computer that installs or uses your plugin or Standalone project should also have a licensed version of Trados Studio installed.

emoji
Children