TMX export is not working anymore with Trados Studio 2022 17.1.8.17828 API

Hello,

this post is possibly connected to Matthias' post ( TranslationMemoryImporter throws error when trying to import TMX file ). 

I had a working code to simply export sdltm to tmx. It is basically what can be found here: https://developers.rws.com/studio-api-docs/apiconcepts/translationmemory/exporting_to_tmx.html?tabs=tabid-1%2Ctabid-2

But it does not work anymore.

If I remember well, my last Studio version without issue was 17.1.6. After the update to 17.1.8, I got several error messages in Visual Studio and I had to comment out some TM functions.

I tried today to have one export function work again: on the last line "exporter.Export(exportString, true)", I get the error that npgsql.dll is missing, later, that microsoft.data.sqlclient.dll is missing and at the end sqlite.interop.dll that I can't add at all (Error adding reference to "SQLite.Interop" Make sure that the file is accessible and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.).

But it does not look like the right way to fix the problem, correct?

Can you have a look and see if it's maybe a bug?

Thanks

Sébastien

Parents Reply
  • Hello , thanks for looking into this.

I will try with SR2 as soon as I can (not yet possible in my environment). Adding a reference to the sqlite.interop.dll from the Trados Studio installation folder also casts the following error: adding reference to "SQLite.Interop" Make sure that the file is accessible and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

Adding the <dependentAssembly> as suggested did not help on it's own, but I think you suggested this along with the reference to the dll, right?

I have found 2 solutions:
    - a previous post in the community suggested copying the dll directly to the compile destination folder (bin/debug) and this helped.
    - I also tried importing a larger sqlite nuget (System.Data.Sqlite) and this also helped.

After importing the larger nuget, I also did a test without AssemblyResolver, and to my surprise it still works. Do you know maybe why?

Anyway, this seems to be fixed.

Thanks

Sébastien

Children