Reoccurrence: Trados Studio 2022 API Error only in Japanese: The type initializer for 'Sdl.Core.LanguageProcessing.ICU2.WordBoundaryFinder' threw an exception.

Dear  -san, would you be kind enough to take time and refer to my old post:

(+) [Help needed] Trados Studio 2022 API Error only in Japanese: The type initializer for 'Sdl.Core.LanguageProcessing.ICU2.WordBoundaryFinder' threw an exception. - Studio Developers Q&A - Trados Studio Developers - RWS Community

Thank you again for your quick response and support to solve the issue quickly back then but unfortunately, it looks like the exact same problem has been happening again since the release of Trados Studio 2022 SR2.

Would it be possible for you to look into this recurring issue whenever you have time?

Thank you.

Parents
  • Hi  , after upgrading my solution to run against Trados Studio SR2 CU9, I'm not able to reproduce the issue that you are reporting here.  Can you share with me your automation solution so that I can better understand why it's failing? Or provide me access to review the project code if it's available publically?

Is the exception exactly the same as you have reported on the other forum post?  If it's different please add here again

my e-mail address is phartnett@rws.com

You could try to reintroduce the binding redirect for icu.net but it's actually not needed with this release of Trados Studio

Example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <configuration>
      <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
        <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.8" />
      </startup>
      <runtime>
        <NetFx40_PInvokeStackResilience enabled="1" />
        <legacyCorruptedStateExceptionsPolicy enabled="true" />
        <ThrowUnobservedTaskException enabled="true" />
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyModel" publicKeyToken="adb9793829ddae60" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.0.0.0" newVersion="6.0.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="icu.net" publicKeyToken="416fdd914afa6b66" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.7.0.0" newVersion="2.7.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="System.Memory" publicKeyToken="cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.1.2" newVersion="4.0.1.2" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Data.SqlClient" publicKeyToken="23ec7fc2d6eaa4a5" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-5.0.0.0" newVersion="5.0.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
        </assemblyBinding>
      </runtime>
    </configuration>

• Hello,  -san, thank you for your response. Sorry that I have missed your reply for a while.

Please let me get back to our programmer with your information and we'll provide you with a sample program if necessary. Thank you.

Reply Children