Cannot get rid of newsletters

I am only very rarely having a look at this site. - Sometime a few years ago I looked at the Machine Translation group. I must have made on click too much and am getting at some largerintervals newsletters for the topic. - I wanted to unsubscribe from those newsletters. But instead of having a simple "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the mail, they require to "manage" the email subscriptions. And by going there one findes a humongous array of subscription offers - and they are all set by default to NO. - Yet I cannont see any YES anywhere an so I am unable to unsubscribe from the Machine Translation newsletters. - This is an absolute outrage.

Could anyone  kindly give me a tip on how to resolve this scare?

harry harryman

Parents
  • Dear Harry,

There are two ways to subscribe yourself in our community groups, like Machine Translation for instance.
    You can either subscribe to a forum and/or subscribe to the entire group (for the e-mail digest/newsletter).
    The YES and NO settings are subscription options for the forums, not for the newsletters. You're not subscribed to any forums, correct.

It looks like you've joined the SDL Community in July 2018 and subscribed to the e-mail digest on a daily basis.
    Because of recent activities in the SDL Machine Translation group and your daily subscription, you're receiving these 'newsletter emails'.
    Please see the screenshot below:

Screenshot of SDL Machine Translation group page with 'Email digest options' highlighted, showing 'Daily' frequency selected and a 'Save' button. Red arrows point to 'Email digest options' and 'Receive email updates!'

Please go to the SDL Machine Translation group and on the right side, click 'Email digest options' and unsubscribe yourself.
    You will no longer receive the newsletter/e-mail digest for that group.
    Note: if you subscribed to other groups as well, you will have to manually unsubscribe there as well.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Lennert Fransen
    Community Coordinator

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 3:43 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Thank you for this fast and helpful reply. - It was a bit bumpy for me to follow the path - as I was directed from the answer mail info to a different browser where I had to login again and found out that I have two accounts on sdl and had to verify my mail address etc. - But it finally worked out and I have set my email options to "unsubscribe". - Wow. Thanks again.
Reply Children