Under Community Review

Allow combination of Embedded HTML content processing with other XML filter features in XML 2.0 filter

Currently, the new XML 2.0 filter has limitations, if I want to take advantage of the HTML Embedded Content Processing. I am not able:

• to show to the translator/reviewer which HTML block corresponds to which text type (for instance "short description" or "long description") via DSI metadata
  • to tell the translator that character-based length restrictions apply to certain HTML blocks, not only plain-text blocks
  • to show an interactive preview for HTML blocks inside Studio, whereas Trados Enterprise allows this.

My XML document:

XML code snippet showing product descriptions with 'Product title', 'Short description', and 'Long description' elements.

shows as follows in Studio:

Trados Studio interface displaying the translation of 'Product title', 'Short description', and 'Long description' without a preview available.

•  I agree... but you can use custom XML previews now.  Or did I misunderstand your comment?

• I strongly support this idea. The embedded filters are almost useless because they don't allow the translator to see the context. Am I translating an H1 header or a part of the Metadata Description? Should it be SEO-optimized or UX-optimized. Crucial information, but alas, inaccessible with embedded content processors (ECPs). The idea of ECPs itself is great, but we need to see the context. Custom XML preview would be most versatile.