Idea Delivered Partially

Delivered partially through app Rapid Add Term (RAT) available from https://appstore.rws.com/Plugin/35. (Apologies for not updating the status earlier).

Improving drastically the speed of adding new entries in the TD

Currently if the TermViewer window is not attached, adding a term takes up to 10-15 secondes for opening the window, refreshing the list twice and then displaying the term (when using the "fast shortcut Shift-Ctrl-2") - absolutely unbearable (on a iCore 7 computer)

When attaching the window in the panel so it is always visible - it stills take a few second to refresh twice the list of terms - and longer is the list of terms in the TD - longer is the refresh.

a) when the TermViewer is not visible - adding a term with Shift-Ctrl-2 should not open the TermViewer windows to display it - but simply add the term to the TD and update any window currently opened such as TermRecognition (if opened and on the screen.)

b) if the TermViewer is visible on the screen - the list refresh should be optimized so that the list of terms is display only once - rapidly.

This feature would make the use of TD a breeze.

• Yes please!!!! This is one of the worst things about Studio, and makes the UI/UX seem extremely slow and buggy. All that redrawing/refreshing/jumping around really destroys your flow.

See also my recent post "Termbase Viewer constantly getting focus, redrawing itself and/or popping up = REALLY ANNOYING!" @ community.sdl.com/.../14331 … where I am begging for  a way to keep the damned Termbase Viewer window hidden unless it is specifically requested by the user (your point ‘a’).

re point ‘b’: totally agree.  I have a feeling the developers did not test this with very large TBs. Otherwise they would have seen that redrawing takes forever, causes everything to jump around, and is exceedingly annoying. I have currently resorted to detaching the Termbase Viewer and sticking it all the way to the left on my second monitor, so that I don't have to look at it every time I add a term (which is VERY often).