Under Community Review

Make hyperlinks clickable in the editor

I would like to have hyperlinks - be it those in an ADR segment or embedded in a tag - clickable, ie. so they open in my browser. Preferably like we're used to in MS Office (Ctrl+Click to follow link)

Parents
  • Should be available today in real-time preview (both HTML and Word preview), you could undock preview to have it always visible e.g. on second screen - it synchronizes with the Studio editor so you can navigate in preview and it will show you the segment in Editor also.

• Wow, that was the fastest response ever!

Are there also plans to extend this to the actual editor. I'm having problems using the preview.

I just tried it with HTML preview but it is not working there

• Thanks Angela - which version of Studio are you using and which underlying file format? This should work fine. This functionality is probably not coming to the Editor, as it is file format independent and so needs to convert the document back to its native format (such as .docx or .idml) for the hyperlink to become clickable in the native format. Thanks, Daniel

• I'm on Studio 2021 (SR2 - 16.2.9.9198) and I tried on a word 16 document (WordprocessingML v. 2).

I wonder if there is a misunderstanding though: I would like to have hyperlinks clickable in the editor no matter whether they are in the native format. This should be easier for links which are already clickable in their native format as the required information should already be available in the document structure (as hyperlink tag or ADR context), so this would be a start.

Comment
  • I'm on Studio 2021 (SR2 - 16.2.9.9198) and I tried on a word 16 document (WordprocessingML v. 2).

I wonder if there is a misunderstanding though: I would like to have hyperlinks clickable in the editor no matter whether they are in the native format. This should be easier for links which are already clickable in their native format as the required information should already be available in the document structure (as hyperlink tag or ADR context), so this would be a start.

Children