Idea Delivered Partially

The Export batch task (rather than generate target translation) allows you to keep SDLXLIFF and there is no prompt in that flow. Setting to Delivered Partially therefore.

Retain sdxliff after generating target translation

If one selects "Generate target translation" for a bilingual file, and the has to edit that file for some reason, there is a prompt "Do you want to revert the native file to SDXLIFF format before opening?". I see this as a superfluous prompt, perform the action without bugging the user or provide an option for this to happen.

Parents
  • Very good suggestion. Thank you!
    Besides the greater convenience, there is another reason why I like this suggestion:
    If you do "Generate target translation" and the file is therefore no longer listed as SDLXLIFF, the Verify Files task ignores that file. (Verify Files only applies to files that are listed as SDLXLIFF.) If you generated the target file for some reason before running the verification, Verify Files would not find any errors in that file. So keeping the files as SDLXLIFF after generating the target files would solve this issue too.
    Of course it makes sense to verify before you generate the target files, but sometimes you generate the target translations while you are working, just to check them. Then it's easy to overlook that they weren't verified at the end of the project.

Comment
  • Very good suggestion. Thank you!
    Besides the greater convenience, there is another reason why I like this suggestion:
    If you do "Generate target translation" and the file is therefore no longer listed as SDLXLIFF, the Verify Files task ignores that file. (Verify Files only applies to files that are listed as SDLXLIFF.) If you generated the target file for some reason before running the verification, Verify Files would not find any errors in that file. So keeping the files as SDLXLIFF after generating the target files would solve this issue too.
    Of course it makes sense to verify before you generate the target files, but sometimes you generate the target translations while you are working, just to check them. Then it's easy to overlook that they weren't verified at the end of the project.

Children
No Data