This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• New Batch Task - Import "unknown segments export"

• Under Community Review on
    • 0 Comments
    Exporting unknown segments works really great for huge projects containing massive legacy matches so you can work "lighter" in "fresh" xliff files, but importing those results back to your original project is not really that straightforward... Could...
  • Forbidden terms are displayed in AutoSuggest

• 1 Comment
    Currently there is no option in Studio to only suppress forbidden term hits for AutoSuggest. You could define a filter in your termbase (use MultiTerm Desktop or MultiTerm Administrator) and use it in the Trados project (at Home > Project Settings...
  • Import/export global settings

• 1 Comment
    Studio allows to export the profile and import it on other computers, allowing us to copy the settings to other computers in the office. However, the profile does not include the QA settings nor the Language Pairs settings, which have to be set on each...
  • Option to export both File Type settings and Embedded Content Processor settings into a single SDLFTSETTINGS file when an embedded content processor is enabled.

• 0 Comments
    Hi Community, Believe or not, engineers just assume when they export File Type settings file, the associated embedded content processor that is enabled, is getting exported at the same time. You can imagine issues this would cause by not having the...
  • Segment sort by track change user

• 2 Comments
    Hi, This is the first of two idea's/suggestions I have around Track changes being imported into Studio from MS Word. It would be great to be able to sort and view segments by the user who implemented the change in the Word doc, much in the same way...
  • Sort files within a project by date added

• 4 Comments
    Hi I'd love to see an option to sort files in a project by date added. I usually keep adding files in projects, and it would save me a lot of time for finding correct file to work with if they are sorted by date added. thank you Christen
  • Regex for Alphanumeric Strings and Variables

• 1 Comment
    Now, a code like RB_45/R1 is not recognized like 1 placeable because the character '/' splits the recognition. I'd like a way to setup using a regex rule supporting this kind of recognition. This could be done or using the 'Variable' or an extra option...
  • Compressing of TM after batch delete exercises

• 0 Comments
    Currently if you batch delete a lot of segments from your TM the physical size won't change at all. This is because we don't run the " vacuum " feature when carrying our maintenance tasks on an SDLTM. I think it would be a good idea if we added this to...
  • Project to retain "Set as Active" parameter

• 0 Comments
    I don't know whether it's expected Studio behavior or not... but after closing the files for a project in the Editor view, the active project changes to the previous one, not the current. Can that be fixed so that active project only changes when "Set...
  • Studio behaviour with forbidden terms

• 3 Comments
    We have enabled the check in terminology verify Studio for deprecated terms When we translate a segment which doesn't contain the source term and we use the deprecated term an error appears corresponding to the line What we expected was that only in case...