This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Global option: create package into the project folder

• Under Community Review on
    • 0 Comments
    We do save our packages in our customer/project folder structure. Would it be able to have an option making Studio save the package into the current project folder. Best regards Burim
  • Display Filter: counting rows in a filtered list

• 1 Comment
    This might be a small improvement, still usefull, since to know and count how many hits are matched once the filter has been run I need to copy and paste the source filtered column into an Excel sheet. Note that knowing how many strings matches certain...
  • Make clearing all tracked target segments possible

• 4 Comments
    Currently, tracked changes cannot be not cleared using Clear target Segments. As I understand, feature is working as expected, but in addition it would be good to have an extra feature, something like "Clear all tracked target segments" or "Clear all...
  • Change the severity level of an existing comment in an easier way

• 1 Comment
    When one writes a comment, it is easy to just hit OK. If one decides that a different severity level is to be applied, rather than the default one, there are way too many steps to follow to change the severity level.
  • Being able to adjust the InDesign CS4-CC IDML filter in order to create a Regex for treating product codes as untranslatable text

• 4 Comments
    I would like to define product codes (these always follow the principle LLLNNNN, so 3 capital letters following 4 numbers for example PIL4040) as non-translatable text. I think this could be done by creating a Regex to when converting to xliff Trados...
  • Kudos in Studio's standard TQA

• 0 Comments
    In the standard TQA functionality of Trados Studio, it is currently not possible to give Kudos. Scoring settings only allow positive values (0-999), meaning you can only deduct points, not award. I suppose a simple solution would be to allow negative...
  • Cross-file fuzzy match leverage

• 2 Comments
    A much needed option. If there are several files in the project, they can be quite similar and can not only have cross-file repetitions, but also have cross-file fuzzy matches, i.e. a translated segment from one file may be a 99% match for a segment in...
  • Fields from alignment

• 0 Comments
    When I save an alignment result as sdlxliff and then open this file in the Studio editor, I see in the fields “Origin” and “Provider” that the TU comes from alignment. Can you please enable adding this information also when importing the *.sdlalign file...
  • Spellcheck and Grammar API for Plug-ins

• 0 Comments
    Hi, it would be nice if devs would finally offer a spellcheck and grammar API for Trados Studio so that users could get plug-ins from professional spellcheck and grammar developpers that allow on the fly error highlighting for such crucial checkings...
  • Group multiple tag pairs when inserting with a shortcut

• 4 Comments
    For example, currently, if there are many tag pairs before and after a phrase only 1 of them is inserted with a shortcut (Ctrl+, or Ctrl+Alt+Down arrow) and one has to repeat the procedure for the 2nd pair.