Planned for Future Release

Make conditional statements and attribute validation an out-of-the-box feature in WorldServer workflows

At the moment, it is not possible to validate attributes that are set as part of the WorldServer workflow and use this information to, e.g., assign human actions to a specific workflow role depending on the attribute value.

I would like to see this functionality added as an out-of-the-box feature in WorldServer because it would keep workflows manageable in more complex scenarios.

Here´s an example for a use case:

At one point in my workflow, I have a human action where project managers decide which LSP is going to do preparation work on a translatable asset (extract non-editable text). Depending on the choice, a project attribute (LSP A or LSP B) will be set via the auto action Set Project Attribute.

I would like to see an option that allows me to check that project attribute and change the assignees of a given human step depending on the project attribute value. In my example, if LSP A was assigned the prepare document step, then the translate step should also be assigned automatically to that LSP.

The way things are right now, I either need to assign the steps manually or I need to duplicate the workflow branches. In multi-LSP scenarios this leads to large workflows that are quite hard to manage.

Parents
  • Hi Frank,

there is a generic Auto Action already available in Professional Services that does what you describe. While not publicly available and not becoming part of the core product it can be made available on request. May I ask you to get in touch with Professional Services? We can then arrange making this AA available to you.

Best regards,

Bernhard Hoell

Comment
  • Hi Frank,

there is a generic Auto Action already available in Professional Services that does what you describe. While not publicly available and not becoming part of the core product it can be made available on request. May I ask you to get in touch with Professional Services? We can then arrange making this AA available to you.

Best regards,

Bernhard Hoell

Children
No Data