Not Considering

Add a choice in the Autocomplete of the baseline to select all Latest Translated versions of an object

Hi,

Many of our users need to ensure all object versions selected in a publication are the latest translated versions for the Requested Language in the output.

It would be very helpful to add an option when Autocompleting the Baseline for Latest Translated Version along with an option to select the related language layer whose translations are required.

Regards,

Ann

Parents
  • Hi Ann, please could you expand on the use case a little? The baseline is language agnostic, and mainly serves to say which versions of which objects are to be in a given publication. The idea is that for a particular object version (say topic version), then all the languages of that are saying the same thing. They are different-language mirrors of the meaning of the source language, whatever that is.

And the flow is normally that you create the content you want in the source language, (e.g. if your Topic A version 1 needs changed, you create a version 2, and work on the content changes in the source language of that version 2 of Topic A). And then you use the baseline to generate translations for the other languages you want of that updated source content.

Apologies if this is all stuff you know already!

Could you describe a bit what you are trying to achieve – the starting point and where you want to get to? It may well be that I have just misunderstood (and there is at least a 50% chance that I will suddenly understand it as soon as I have posted this reply!)

Comment
  • Hi Ann, please could you expand on the use case a little? The baseline is language agnostic, and mainly serves to say which versions of which objects are to be in a given publication. The idea is that for a particular object version (say topic version), then all the languages of that are saying the same thing. They are different-language mirrors of the meaning of the source language, whatever that is.

And the flow is normally that you create the content you want in the source language, (e.g. if your Topic A version 1 needs changed, you create a version 2, and work on the content changes in the source language of that version 2 of Topic A). And then you use the baseline to generate translations for the other languages you want of that updated source content.

Apologies if this is all stuff you know already!

Could you describe a bit what you are trying to achieve – the starting point and where you want to get to? It may well be that I have just misunderstood (and there is at least a 50% chance that I will suddenly understand it as soon as I have posted this reply!)

Children
No Data