Not Considering

Add a choice in the Autocomplete of the baseline to select all Latest Translated versions of an object

Hi,

Many of our users need to ensure all object versions selected in a publication are the latest translated versions for the Requested Language in the output.

It would be very helpful to add an option when Autocompleting the Baseline for Latest Translated Version along with an option to select the related language layer whose translations are required.

Regards,

Ann

Parents
  • Hi Joe,

Thanks for quick reply. What I am asking might not be valid for how the Autocomplete feature operates but it is a common request we get so I wanted to explore.

I hear you when you say the baseline is language agnostic. My understanding is that it represents the selected content object versions in the working language, which is usually en-US for us.
    Our normal process is to create publications using our base language i.e. en-US and then create outputs where we set the Requested Language to one of the the generated language layers we want to publish. I know that another way of doing this would be to create the publication and setting the working language to the language layer that we want to publish.... and might be something that we should consider.

A point of note is that our full complement of generated language layers are not always Translated for each content object version. So version 2 of an object might exist in status Released for en-US and fr-FR language layers, but version 1 of same  object might be in status Released for en-US, fr-FR and de-DE language layers. Therefore, if the Requested Language for an output is set to de-DE we want to use version 1 in the baseline while if the Requested Language for an output is set to fr-FR we want to use version 2 in the baseline.

In summary, the availability of the Requested Language layer in status Translated for a content object is what influences which version of that object we want to select for the baseline.

Our ask is, given a Requested Language layer value, to select the latest Translated versions of each content object for that language.

Please let me know if you want clarification on anything I have said here, and please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

Regards,

Ann

Comment
  • Hi Joe,

Thanks for quick reply. What I am asking might not be valid for how the Autocomplete feature operates but it is a common request we get so I wanted to explore.

I hear you when you say the baseline is language agnostic. My understanding is that it represents the selected content object versions in the working language, which is usually en-US for us.
    Our normal process is to create publications using our base language i.e. en-US and then create outputs where we set the Requested Language to one of the the generated language layers we want to publish. I know that another way of doing this would be to create the publication and setting the working language to the language layer that we want to publish.... and might be something that we should consider.

A point of note is that our full complement of generated language layers are not always Translated for each content object version. So version 2 of an object might exist in status Released for en-US and fr-FR language layers, but version 1 of same  object might be in status Released for en-US, fr-FR and de-DE language layers. Therefore, if the Requested Language for an output is set to de-DE we want to use version 1 in the baseline while if the Requested Language for an output is set to fr-FR we want to use version 2 in the baseline.

In summary, the availability of the Requested Language layer in status Translated for a content object is what influences which version of that object we want to select for the baseline.

Our ask is, given a Requested Language layer value, to select the latest Translated versions of each content object for that language.

Please let me know if you want clarification on anything I have said here, and please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

Regards,

Ann

Children
No Data