Under Community Review

Pub Mgr should stop relying on Windows file associations to determine the DITA editor to open XML files in

Currently when I open a topic from the Publication Manager, the Pub Mgr consults Windows file associations to determine which XML editor to start. This means that writers need to have XMetaL always specified as the default program for XML files in Windows. To open an XML file from the Windows File Manager, you have to remember to right-click it and select a program to open the file (say, Notepad); otherwise up pops XMetaL.

Instead, it would be great if we could specify the path to the editor in a configuration file or dialog within Pub Mgr.

Parents
  • I, too, need to edit in NotePad about as often as I need to edit in Oxygen or XMetal, and find this annoying as well. (It doesn't help that Oxygen/XMetal takes so long to load.)

This option should be one of the user's account/preference settings.

Comment
  • I, too, need to edit in NotePad about as often as I need to edit in Oxygen or XMetal, and find this annoying as well. (It doesn't help that Oxygen/XMetal takes so long to load.)

This option should be one of the user's account/preference settings.

Children
No Data