Studio 2021 shutdown with pptx file

SDL Trados Studio 2021 shuts down every time I try to open an sdlxliff made of a pptx file (PowerPoint 2013).

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi  Hector,

I have a group of things that I do if Studio is slow or crashes. Even if you have no speed or stability problems normally, they can happen with a big/old/complex project. Here's what works for me:

1) Go to File > Options > Editor > Automation then UNtick 'Enable LookAhead' under 'Translation Memory' and UNtick 'Enable verification of segment' under 'After Confirming Segments Manually'

Trados Studio Options window showing Editor settings with 'Enable LookAhead' and 'Enable verification of segment' options unchecked to improve speed.

Both these options should help speed things up. You can then verify the file after you've finished working on it all in one go via the Review tab > Verify or by clicking F8.

Then, in the Project Settings (or via File>Options if you create your own projects or work via Translate Single File), turn OFF upLift Match Repair:

Trados Studio Project Settings window with 'Match Repair' option turned off under 'Match Repair Usage' to prevent crashes.

Turning this setting off seems to help with files that for some reason cause Studio to crash. I am sure it helps with speed too.

If you want to know what any setting means under File > Options or under Project Settings, click the Help button bottom right of the settings window:

Trados Studio Project Settings window with 'Match Repair' option turned off and 'Machine Translation' and 'Termbases' options also turned off.

Keeping these settings turned on if you need them works fine if you have a hi-spec fast computer and an excellent broadband connection. However, in less than perfect scenarios, it can help to turn one or all of them off.

I always have them all turned off unless I need them, and Studio works well for me...

I hope this helps. If it does not, please start a NEW thread as this thread is old. Then give precise details of what is causing your problem. The RWS support staff can only open one help case per thread.

All the best,

Ali Slight smile

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:19 PM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]