Problems with merging files with StudioView

Hi there,

I'm struggling with the merge capabilities of StudioView right now. I split an .sdlxliff file into parts successfully using StudioView a couple weeks ago and sent each part to a different translator to translate into Chinese from US English. However, now that I've received the translations back, I'm having trouble merging them back into one document to save as the .html the original file was in.

I've tried "splitting" them into one file, and that didn't work; the process hung on 70%, and though I cancelled and restarted, the same thing happened every time.

I then tried "import into selected file" and while that process completed, it didn't work as expected. It did not export the selected segments into the specified .sdlxliff file which showed a blank on the target side; however, it did instead create a StudioView .sdlxliff file, which, when I opened it, contained the merged updated translations. The problem is, when I then try to "Save Target As" for this file and try to save it as a .html, it keeps asking me to create the file; in other words, I click save as .html, then the window refreshes, and refreshes. When I cancel, and open the first .html file that is created, it is in English, not Chinese. In addition, when I try the Preview pane in Editor, it acts as if there is nothing in the target side and shows a blank, even though I can clearly see the translated Chinese.

Help! I need to deliver the full translated completed .html file in a few days, and I don't know what to do.

Is there a different way to merge files in Trados Studio? I'm using Trados Studio 2022.

emoji