My first app (Winform) for SDL Studio 2019

Hi

I get namespace errors when create a default Screenshot of Visual Studio 2017 showing errors in MyCustomTradosStudio.cs file, indicating 'Desktop' and 'TranslationStudioAutomation' do not exist in the 'Sdl' namespace. and will hear if someone can help.

In the class: MyCustomTradosStudio.cs i get errors

'Desktop' does not exist in the namespace 'Sdl' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

'TranslationStudioAutomation' does not exist in the namespace 'Sdl' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I have uploaded a screen dump that shows the class: MyCustomTradosStudio.cs in VS2017.

Best
Ole

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 10:49 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi ,

Can you please take a look at the .csproj to see on what version of Studio the paths are poining? They should point to Studio15 folder (this is the folder for Studio 2019)

Screenshot of Visual Studio code editor showing multiple lines of code with references to Trados Studio15 folder paths.

In Visual Studio did you installed the VSX template for Studio 2019?

Close-up of Visual Studio extension manager showing an available update for Trados Studio templates for Visual Studio, specifically for SDL Trados Studio 2019.

Kind regards,

Andrea Ghisa

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:49 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  • Hi Andrea-Melinda,

Thanks for quick reply.

Here is the path from .csproj
    <Reference Include="Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi">
    <Private>True</Private>
    <HintPath>$(ProgramFiles)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio15\Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>
    <Reference Include="Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.Extensions">
    <Private>True</Private>
    <HintPath>$(ProgramFiles)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio15\Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.Extensions.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>
    <Reference Include="Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi">
    <Private>True</Private>
    <HintPath>$(ProgramFiles)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio15\Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>
    <Reference Include="Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.Extensions">
    <Private>True</Private>
    <HintPath>$(ProgramFiles)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio15\Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.Extensions.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>

I think the path's are ok right?

You right i need the new 'VSX template for Studio 2019' update

but before that VS2017 need 'visual studio MPF 16.0'

What's that? can't find it in the Online search in VS2017.

Kind regards,

Ole

• Hi Andrea-Melinda,

Thanks for quick reply.

Here is the path from .csproj
    <Reference Include="Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi">
    <Private>True</Private>
    <HintPath>$(ProgramFiles)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio15\Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>
    <Reference Include="Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.Extensions">
    <Private>True</Private>
    <HintPath>$(ProgramFiles)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio15\Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.Extensions.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>
    <Reference Include="Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi">
    <Private>True</Private>
    <HintPath>$(ProgramFiles)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio15\Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>
    <Reference Include="Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.Extensions">
    <Private>True</Private>
    <HintPath>$(ProgramFiles)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio15\Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.Extensions.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>

I think the path's are ok right?

You right i need the new 'VSX template for Studio 2019' update

but before that VS2017 need 'visual studio MPF 16.0'

What's that? can't find it in the Online search in VS2017.

Kind regards,

Ole

Children
No Data