New icons in formatting bar are much too pale

Hi

I don't know when this has been changed, but I am quite sure that the icons in the advanced formatting bar were more colorful some time ago.

Why has this been changed? This is is not a good move, the new icons are now only black + white (with the exception of one, which escapes my logic!) and it is more difficult to distinguish them. Is this customisable? We really need "flashier" icons than this pale stuff.

Walter 

Parents Reply
  • Hey Walter,

The editor we are using is a dressed down version of the TinyMCE editor. It comes with the application. I never noticed it before until you mentioned it. I guess it is the design flavor of the year. When I look at the latest version of it, it hasn't changed I am afraid. I see in this page that you can skin it yourself. I rather rely on the OOTB standards. We are a small team of 2. 1 Tech and 1 Ops.

The only one that is not standard in this menu is the "Insert Code" icon. It is a hidden feature which we brought to life to accommodate source code posting. Clearly the Usability/Design engineers have overlooked it.

Long story short. We can report it to the vendor, and they will have to wait for the Open Source community to have it fixed. Tiny MCE is an open source project. As we plan to migrate soon to the next version of the platform, I'll keep an eye open how this works.

Children
No Data