Trados Business Manager
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
Internal Trados Ideas Community
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion West Coast User Group
Trados Studio Ideas
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Team Ideas
Trados Team Terminology Ideas
Trados Enterprise Ideas
Trados Business Manager Ideas
RWS Appstore Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
One client is receiving a 404 error when configuring their KantanMT plugin.
Studio version: 188.8.131.5296
Plugin version: 4.1.0
The error only occurs on their installation and does not occur on any other device/installation even when tried with the clients credentials (API token).
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Hi Colin Harper,
Is it possible to use Fiddler to capture the call for which the status code is (404)? Somehow the plugin is trying to make a call to a specific URL, it will be good to see which URL is not working.
Do you have a logging mechanism in the plugin? This will help us to troubleshoot the problem.
I just installed a logging mechanism (NLog) in the plugin yesterday.
What do you recommend we log before we deploy it?
Perhaps each URL requested? Although the logs might bloat up quickly if that level is recorded.
Would just the error message from the error response and the URL requested be sufficient?
If you are using HttpClient you can use EnsureSuccessStatusCode() method. This will throw an error if the call is unsuccessful, log from that exception anything which is useful for troubleshooting: status code, response message, request Uri and so on.
I would recommend using this approach on every service call you have in the application.
Adding these logging details to the client's account gave us the info we needed to resolve the issue.
The configuration form was attempting to use a value from the plugin options settings that had not been set yet. The reason it worked on all our installations was that we had previously installed older versions of the plugin which had set the plugin options which meant there was a value stored there.
When the other user tried to use the plugin for the first time there were no previously-stored plugin options so the plugin produced the above error.
Thanks again for your help Andrea
I'm glad you found the problem and now is working on user machine.
Have a nice day,