SDL SDK Api PreTranslateFiles randomly fails

I am stumped.

I have a very basic SDK app, that requires an SDL Project file path and a target language; then attempts to run the "PreTranslateFiles" task.

namespace Sdl.Sdk.PreTranslateFiles
{
    using System;
    using System.Globalization;
    using Sdl.Core.Globalization;
    using Sdl.ProjectAutomation.Core;
    using Sdl.ProjectAutomation.FileBased;
    public class PreTranslateFiles
    {
        public void Create(
            string SdlProjectFilepath,
            string SdlTargetLanguage
        )
        {
            FileBasedProject ThisSdlProjectObject = new FileBasedProject(SdlProjectFilepath);
            this.RunAutomaticTask(ThisSdlProjectObject, SdlTargetLanguage);
            ThisSdlProjectObject.Save(); 
        }
        private void RunAutomaticTask(FileBasedProject ThisSdlProject, string TargetLanguageCode)
        {
            ProjectFile[] targetFiles = ThisSdlProject.GetTargetLanguageFiles(new Language(CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(TargetLanguageCode)));
            AutomaticTask preTranslate = ThisSdlProject.RunAutomaticTask(targetFiles.GetIds(), AutomaticTaskTemplateIds.PreTranslateFiles);            
        }
    }
}

However, for reasons that I cannot figure out, the "PreTranslateFiles" task randomly fails to run, which results in the error message "Index was outside the bounds of the array"; if/when attempting to run the "AnalyzeFiles".

My tests (run in batches of 20 reps) are based on an SDL Project; which have files already converted to translatable format and are copied to target languages.

• Test 1, set up using a template: resulted in 15% failure rate
  • Test 2, same as Test 1: resulted in 25% failure rate
  • Test 3, same as Test 1&2: resulted in 45% failure rate
  • Test 4, reset SDL program and user settings to default, set up using a template: resulted in 55% failure rate
  • Test 5, set up without using a template: resulted in 20% failure rate

I have also monitored the %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp directory, and noticed that the SDL randomly-generated .zip, .tmp files and directories are not created when the task fails.

I added a couple of real-time protection exclusion rules to:

•  %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\*

...but this did not change anything.

Has anyone had any experience like this, or have any clue why the "PreTranslateFiles" task would decide to randomly fail?

Thanks in advance