MultiTerm SDK API: Problems with description fields in an SDK Created Termbase

Got a bit of an odd one, well two actually.

I have a Definition XDT file, that contains:

  • Term_UUID = readonly
  • Image = Multimedia file

When I create a termbase via MultiTerm, the Term_UUID is (correctly) not editable, and I am able to select a file for the Image:

However, if I create a termbase via the MultiTerm SDK (using the same XDT file), the Term_UUID is available to edit and the Image filed, although defined as a "Multimedia File" is defaulted to text input.

 

Is there a known issue/fix for this?

Thanks 

Samuel

emoji
Parents
  • Hi Samuel Baldus, I need your XDT file in order to investigate the issue.

    Readonly should be set using Input Models, not XDT.

    emoji
  • Hi 

    I think I have found the reason why the descriptive fields are not working as expected.

    I created new termbases, one with the Desktop app and the other with the SDK API.

    Comparing the two termbases in MS Access, I noticed differences in the mtCatalogObjects and mtSystem tables.

    mtCatalogObjects

    • Desktop: ObjectID -2 and ObjectID 18 contains the entire XDT file
    • SDK: ObjectID -2 and ObjectID 18 contains only "<Output>"

    mtSystem

    • Desktop: "definition" value contains the "Schema" element of the XDT file
    • SDK: "definition" value contains "<Schema name="Termbase Definition">"

    I then copied the three values from the Desktop database to the SDK database, and tested the SDK in the Desktop App; and it now behaves correctly.

    Why these values are not being set correctly, I cannot answer but at least it might help solving the problem.

    Kind regards

    Samuel

    emoji
Reply
  • Hi 

    I think I have found the reason why the descriptive fields are not working as expected.

    I created new termbases, one with the Desktop app and the other with the SDK API.

    Comparing the two termbases in MS Access, I noticed differences in the mtCatalogObjects and mtSystem tables.

    mtCatalogObjects

    • Desktop: ObjectID -2 and ObjectID 18 contains the entire XDT file
    • SDK: ObjectID -2 and ObjectID 18 contains only "<Output>"

    mtSystem

    • Desktop: "definition" value contains the "Schema" element of the XDT file
    • SDK: "definition" value contains "<Schema name="Termbase Definition">"

    I then copied the three values from the Desktop database to the SDK database, and tested the SDK in the Desktop App; and it now behaves correctly.

    Why these values are not being set correctly, I cannot answer but at least it might help solving the problem.

    Kind regards

    Samuel

    emoji
Children