MultiTerm SDK API: Problems with description fields in an SDK Created Termbase

Got a bit of an odd one, well two actually.

I have a Definition XDT file, that contains:

• Term_UUID = readonly
  • Image = Multimedia file

When I create a termbase via MultiTerm, the Term_UUID is (correctly) not editable, and I am able to select a file for the Image:

However, if I create a termbase via the MultiTerm SDK (using the same XDT file), the Term_UUID is available to edit and the Image filed, although defined as a "Multimedia File" is defaulted to text input.

Is there a known issue/fix for this?

Thanks 

Samuel

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi 

I think I have found the reason why the descriptive fields are not working as expected.

I created new termbases, one with the Desktop app and the other with the SDK API.

Comparing the two termbases in MS Access, I noticed differences in the mtCatalogObjects and mtSystem tables.

mtCatalogObjects

• Desktop: ObjectID -2 and ObjectID 18 contains the entire XDT file
    • SDK: ObjectID -2 and ObjectID 18 contains only "<Output>"

Side-by-side comparison of Trados Studio termbase tables in MS Access. Left: Desktop app with complete XDT file in mtCatalogObjects. Right: SDK API with incomplete XDT file, missing 'Object' and 'Tree' elements.

mtSystem

• Desktop: "definition" value contains the "Schema" element of the XDT file
    • SDK: "definition" value contains "<Schema name="Termbase Definition">"

Comparison of mtSystem table in Trados Studio termbase. Left: Desktop app showing 'definition' with 'Schema' element. Right: SDK API with 'definition' missing 'Schema' element, only showing 'Termbase Definition'.

I then copied the three values from the Desktop database to the SDK database, and tested the SDK in the Desktop App; and it now behaves correctly.

Why these values are not being set correctly, I cannot answer but at least it might help solving the problem.

Kind regards

Samuel

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:32 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children