RWS Developers

Are there any RWS Trados Developers here in this community? It seems that no one from RWS is monitoring the questions/posts being added here.

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Incidentally... we do intend to review how we can support developers better over the next few weeks.  In this the right platform for it, or would it make a difference if we used something like stack exchange for example?  Is the platform irrelevant... is it just that there is no appetite in our rather small linguistic world for developers?  Are your requirements often so niche that you won't share, or are you not really a full-time developer and only code between your day job?

Actually I don't know the answer to these questions and there may not be a good one either.  It took years to make the normal user community something that users will sometimes help with and that is a far larger community than the developer community.

So if you have any ideas here I'm well up for discussion on how we could do it better!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi Paul, thanks for your answer. I did not intend to be disrespectful or anything. This is actually my third question in the community, the other 2 questions were posted 22 days ago, which remains unanswered. I made 2 references to the same question that I have, which was made 3 years and 6 years ago, which were also unanswered, thus me mentioning that no one from RWS answering.

I'm actually reviewing some plugins in the repository to maybe help me accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish and plan to post it here once I figure it out.

Again, apologies if I came disrespectful. That is not the intention.

P.S. I was actually waiting for you to answer my questions. My colleagues sing high praises about you when it comes to answering technical questions.

emoji
  • You are right, of course, Paul. It „should“ be more of the community answering in here instead of - mostly - you. Sorry I forgot that you are actually with RWS. 
    I see if I can chip off some time to look into TM provider issues a bit more and maybe find something. I‘ll post in the actual question thread though, not here since there is no specific developer issue here.

P.S: Enjoy Jubilee day. I‘ll drink to you and your Queen. Slight smile 

emoji
  • I'm apologising here too... I'm not really annoyed at anyone in particular.  I am frustrated at not being able to make the developer community a place that is more vibrant and more compelling for developers to use.  We are really going to try and address this over the rest of this year, at least by continuing to build on the work we did this year already in finally getting all our resources in one place... sort of: https://developers.rws.com/

We have tried running the occasional event over the last years, and these are also not very well attended.  Those people who attend like it, and we have a really good time discussing things and helping out.  But it's not scalable or anything we can justify repeating.  So I'm really looking for how we can do something sensible to encourage more engagement from our developer community, and also scale our own ability to engage more.  Whilst I did go off on one a bit it is true that we are not anywhere near as responsive in here as we are in the user forums.  There are many reasons for this, but we do need to find a way to improve this.

Adding a couple of interested people to this thread:

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Thanks Paul! Looking forward to a more collaborative community!

emoji