Passolo SDK Enumerate source assembly (exe, dll)

I am using Passolo Pro 2018 and the Passolo .NET SDK. I am creating an export add-in.

I can’t figure out how to enumerate the assemblies (exe, dll) and resource dlls using the SDK like Passolo does.

In Passolo, I could see the folder path and file name of the assemblies. (see screen shot)

How could I do this using the SDK?

I would like to get this information for all the sources so I could read some custom binary data without creating another add-in.

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing the 'Files' view with a list of assemblies including their folder path and file name highlighted in red.

Screenshot of Trados Studio with the 'Projects' view active, displaying a list of source files and their corresponding assembly details highlighted in red.

Can help here?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 10:13 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
Parents Reply
  • Your initial request that talks about Export Add-Ins and custom binary resource in one single post confused me. At least I can answer the basic questions:

In the Write() function of an Export Add-In you can get the source file name by

string sourcefile = (string)stringlist.GetFileOptions().GetProperty(CustFileProperty.SourceFile);

and the target file name by

string targetfile = (string)stringlist.GetFileOptions().GetProperty(CustFileProperty.TargetFile);

The stringlist.GetResFile(CPAIAddIn addin, enmResFileStoreType type, string name) function retrieves the path of a file that has been stored to the project with SLStoreResFile(). The path is in the temporary folder that is created by Passolo to unpack the project files.

To use this function you first must be sure that the corresposnding parser has used SLStoreResFile(). You must excatly know the file name that was used by SLStoreResFile() and pass it in the name parameter, otherwise the result of stringlist.GetResFile() will be an empty string. 

Hope that helps.

Children