API Call in VBA

Former Member
Former Member

Please advise on how to make the corresponding API call for Multiterm. I already have the VBA code "to reference the COM component MultiTerm110.TMO 11.0 Type Library."

Normally an API Call in VBA will start with "Private Declare Function [NameOfLibrary] Lib " etc.

So, my question is: what is the name of the MultiTerm library? It's probably a .DLL or a similar library.

Thanks.

Parents Reply
  • My question comes precisely from the SDK. Now, taking a closer look, I believe the instructions mistake an API call for a COM reference, two different things within a VBA development environment. The SDK says ---"To make use of the API, reference the COM component "MultiTerm110.TMO 11.0 Type Library""---. In addition, for Studio 2017 and Multiterm 2017 the correct reference should be "MultiTerm140.TMO 14.0 Type Library", since the former is probably intended for Studio 2014. At any rate, the VBA code provided seems to work once the reference is made (just checking a box) but not adding specific source code. Two things that apply specifically to VBA: COM components are remnants of that old ActiveX technology of the '90s. API Calls are usually related to the operating system ("under the hood"), e.g. "Private Declare Function "[NameOfLibrary]" Lib ...". It is most likely that SDL Trados is still using old code from the former and original Trados. By the way, this might be the source of error messages. Food for though for developers, perhaps. Thanks,
Children