Decrease max. RAM usage of SDLTradosStudio.exe process via API/customizing?

Dear community,

we were informed that the maximum limit of RAM that the SDLTradosStudio.exe process may use at any point in time is 2 GB (although it usually never goes beyond 1.6 GB of RAM). Since this is too high for one user in our multi-user environment, we would like to know if there is another workaround to free up memory apart from closing and restarting Studio, for example via API/customizing, or if we could decrease the maximum RAM usage of Studio via API? And is there also a way to customize what is dumped during garbage collection?

Thanks & kind regards,

Sophia

Parents
  • Dear Sophia,

We were also facing sudden RAM usage increase and it took me some time to understand the reason behind. We noticed that SDL Trados Studio would crash on specific type of documents or even on specific segments. My first suspicions were the file itself and/or its formatting until I discovered that the RAM usage started to increase drastically when Studio was reaching a segment with a lot of terminology. Adjusting the minimum match value and the search depth for terminology recognition in the project settings solved the problem.

I know this is not exactly the answer you are expecting but this might help you identifying the cause of the problem.

Regards,

Laurent
  • Dear Sophia,

We were also facing sudden RAM usage increase and it took me some time to understand the reason behind. We noticed that SDL Trados Studio would crash on specific type of documents or even on specific segments. My first suspicions were the file itself and/or its formatting until I discovered that the RAM usage started to increase drastically when Studio was reaching a segment with a lot of terminology. Adjusting the minimum match value and the search depth for terminology recognition in the project settings solved the problem.

I know this is not exactly the answer you are expecting but this might help you identifying the cause of the problem.

Regards,

Laurent
Children