Problem creating SDLXLIFF from DOCX

Hello,

well I think there is a bug in the API somewhere. I added the SecondSample.docx file (which is part of the Studio Sample project) to a project and tried to convert it into SDLXLIFF using Studio 2011API, so that it can be translated. That does not work!

The file filter for docx is activated in the project. There is no problem with *.doc or *.txt. So I guess my code is correct. But I can post it, if needed. Can you please check?! I don't get an error message., If you need additional information, please tell me!

Thanks for looking into this and kind regards,

-Stephan-

Parents Reply Children
  • Hey Stefan et al,

I have flagged this one to SDL develoeprment for further investigation.  This issue has not been reported before, so I'll be sure to report back once we have some more conclusions.

Regards, Ian

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Feedback from the SDL development is, in their test application the conversion of DOCX files works without issue.  We also suggest you find out if any errors were generated when trying to convert the file by using the overload of the RunAutomaticTask method. This will create a list of MessageEventArgs containing the error information. This might determine why this file cannot be converted.  If any errors are present we could use this information to help determine the problem.

//Set up lists to store messages from automatic task

List<TaskStatusEventArgs> taskStatusEventArgsList = new List<TaskStatusEventArgs>();

List<MessageEventArgs> messageEventArgsList = new List<MessageEventArgs>();

//Call RunAutomaticTask method and collect any error information

AutomaticTask task = createdProject.RunAutomaticTask(

currentFileId,

AutomaticTaskTemplateIds.ConvertToTranslatableFormat,

(sender, taskStatusArgs) =>{ taskStatusEventArgsList.Add(taskStatusArgs); },

(sender, messageArgs) =>{ messageEventArgsList.Add(messageArgs); }

);

//Display error messages

foreach (MessageEventArgs errorMsg in messageEventArgsList)

{

Console.WriteLine(errorMsg.Message);

}

Additional points;

1/ A copy of the files you are trying to convert would be useful.

2/ What version of MSWord do you have installed on the machine where they are running the task?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Hello Ian,

thank you for further investigating that problem. I will try to do what you wrote and will tell you what happens. In the mean time, I've found out, that xlsx is no problem. It just seems to be docx.

Thank you!

• Hello Ian,

now it works, YAY.

The problem was Spring.Core.DLL. We send all tasks to our connector using JMS. And there for I added a different version of that DLL. I had a warning in Visual Studio but ignored it. Now I replaced the new Spring.Core.dll with the default one from Studio and it works now. And messaging works as well.

Thank you, best regards and a beautiful weekend,

-Stephan-