Could not load file or assembly 'ICUWrapper.DLL' or one of its dependencies.

I have seen similar posts concenring this error, but none of them resolved my problem. I am writing a web application that references the following three DLLs:

SDL.LanguagePlatform.Core

SDL.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory

SDL.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryAPI

When I build the application without the references and no code that refers to them, the application loads fine. As soon as I include the references and associated code and rebuild, i get the following error from the localhost server:

Could not load file or assembly 'ICUWrapper.DLL' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ICUWrapper.DLL' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.]
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +36
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +152
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection) +77
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +21
   System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +38

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'ICUWrapper.DLL' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.]
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +738
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +217
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +130
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +170
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetPreStartInitMethodsFromReferencedAssemblies() +92
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath, Boolean& isRefAssemblyLoaded) +290
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +157
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +549

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'ICUWrapper.DLL' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +10075588
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +95
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

I looked for the ICUWrapper and it is located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio5 folder. Am i missing something?
Kind regards,
Robert
Parents
  • When I build my app with only SDL.LanguagePlatform.Core referenced the app builds fine. As soon as I add SDL.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory or SDL.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryAPI, the app throws the message above. If I add the ICUWrapper to my project without the TranslationMemory DLLs, I get the same message. According to Dependecy Walker, the ICUWrapper is referencing other missing DLLs. In other threads, many say you can't trust Dependency Walker entirely. However I'm now lost for help and getting into deep water as I am not a fully fledged developer.

Anyone out there that has a clue to my problem? I've never run into problems like this before.

Kind regards,

Robert
  • When I build my app with only SDL.LanguagePlatform.Core referenced the app builds fine. As soon as I add SDL.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory or SDL.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryAPI, the app throws the message above. If I add the ICUWrapper to my project without the TranslationMemory DLLs, I get the same message. According to Dependecy Walker, the ICUWrapper is referencing other missing DLLs. In other threads, many say you can't trust Dependency Walker entirely. However I'm now lost for help and getting into deep water as I am not a fully fledged developer.

Anyone out there that has a clue to my problem? I've never run into problems like this before.

Kind regards,

Robert
Children