MultiTerm 2017 connection to server fails

Trying to connect to MultiTerm Server using the example code from SDK. This works fine with MultiTerm 2014 but when I install 2017 then it fails

Set oLocalRep = oMt.LocalRepository

I updated the Reference to MultiTerm140.TMO 14.0 Type Library.

Trying in C# code it is also fails (this also works with 2014, and I also updated the References accordingly)

MultiTermApp = new MultiTermIX.Application();

I tried to reinstall MultiTerm, still no luck.

Any idea how to fix this?

Regards,

Judit

Parents
  • Judit Gal (JuditGal)

Hi Judit! Is this the error you get?

Error message in Trados Studio stating 'The plugin 'def' contains references to a newer version of the SDL API assemblies. Make sure you have installed the latest SDL API assemblies available.' with a validation error 'Older version of 'abc' installed.'

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:12 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hello, sorry to jump in here, but this is the exact error that I have been getting.

I built a plugin, adding a reference to the "Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.dll" in my Trados Studio 2017 folder:

• C:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio5\Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.dll

Then, when I install the plugin and start Trados Studio 2017, it seems to say that the version I referenced (which came from my Studio 2017 folder) is somehow different or newer than the version that Trados 2017 is using (which should be the exact same one, which is in the Studio 2017 folder).

By the way, my version of Studio is Studio 2017 SR1 14.1.10016.54660.

Basically, I'm saying that I seem to have one file named Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.dll on my computer.  Trados Studio seems to use that file.  My plugin also attempts to use that file.  So, why is Trados Studio giving me an error that the file referenced in the plugin is newer?  It is the same file.

Thank you in advance for your answer, I've been trying to solve this problem for weeks.

-- Michael

• Hello, sorry to jump in here, but this is the exact error that I have been getting.

I built a plugin, adding a reference to the "Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.dll" in my Trados Studio 2017 folder:

• C:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio5\Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.dll

Then, when I install the plugin and start Trados Studio 2017, it seems to say that the version I referenced (which came from my Studio 2017 folder) is somehow different or newer than the version that Trados 2017 is using (which should be the exact same one, which is in the Studio 2017 folder).

By the way, my version of Studio is Studio 2017 SR1 14.1.10016.54660.

Basically, I'm saying that I seem to have one file named Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.dll on my computer.  Trados Studio seems to use that file.  My plugin also attempts to use that file.  So, why is Trados Studio giving me an error that the file referenced in the plugin is newer?  It is the same file.

Thank you in advance for your answer, I've been trying to solve this problem for weeks.

-- Michael

Children