How to implement the "Save target as" function

Dear SDL OpenExchange developers,

I would like to insert an action in the Studio UI which would first save the translation to its original format using the equivalent of "Save target as" and then apply further functions on the document.

I am not really sure on how to implement the "Save target as" function. I found the following action in the IntegrationApi: SaveDocumentTargetAsAction . However, I am not sure on how I can implement it in my code (and there are no example illustrating how to do it).

Can anyone help me or give me an indication on how I can declare/use it? it would be much appreciated. Or suggest an alternative?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Laurent

Parents Reply
  • Dear Patrik,

After some digging into the IntegrationAPI, I have detected that the EditorController has a function "SaveTargetAs". I tried to implement it but it does exactly the same as if I would click File-->Save Target As: ie the Save dialog box pops up.

This means that the SaveTargetAs Function has probably a code block which prompts the save dialog box and continues the save procedure on the basis of the result returned by the dialog box.

In order to automate this step, would it be possible to get the code of the SaveTargetAs void for what is happening after the dialog box returns its result? I know this is not really in the framework of the API. But even using a window handle to try to click the button will not work (since I would need to launch it at the same time as the SaveTargetAs function).

Do you think it would be possible to get that part of the code?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Laurent

Children