Custom Plug-In not visible in Studio + Error message when trying to build a solution in VS

Dear Community,

I have read the following article and have created a very simple plug-in with the help of the sample code (from the SDK Kit in Visual Studio):

https://developers.rws.com/studio-api-docs/apiconcepts/projectautomation/setting_the_project_information.html?tabs=tabid-1%2Ctabid-2%2Ctabid-3%2Ctabid-4%2Ctabid-5%2Ctabid-6%2Ctabid-7%2Ctabid-8%2Ctabid-9

1) I just wanted to test if I could do it as I am new to C# and Trados Studio API. The plug-in was also signed and then I double-clicked on it to install it. However, my plug-in does not appear in the list of installed plug-ins, so I don't see it in Studio under "Add-Ins" > "Plug-Ins". Would anyone know what the problem could be?

My Studio version: Trados Studio Professional 2021 SR2 - 16.2.12.9338

My Target .NET Framework in VS: 4.8

Language version of C# in VS: 7.3

To create the sample project, I used the following template from the SDK Kit in Visual Studio: Trados Studio (2021). Here is its short description: This project enables you to extend or customize the user interface, or create custom funtionalities for Trados Studio.

2) I also get this error when I go to "Build" > "Build Solution" in VS:

Error message in Visual Studio output window showing 'System.Exception: Could not load type Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.IValidatingPluginLocator' and 'exited with code -532462766'.

I have opened the library "Sdl.Core.PluginFramework" with dotPeek, but I don't see a class in it called: "IValidatingPluginLocator".

Does anyone know how to fix these two problems?

If you need more information please let me know.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Dieter

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 2:53 PM (GMT 0) on 23 Feb 2024]