Add Comment When Track Changes is on

I am trying to use:

EditorController ec = SdlTradosStudio.Application.GetController<EditorController>();
ec.ActiveDocument.AddCommentOnSegment(ec.ActiveDocument.ActiveSegmentPair.Properties.Id.Id, “message”, Severity.Low);

And it works, but when track changes is on, not only does it add the comment, it adds a complete deletion (revision) and insertion (revision) of the entire content of the segment. It’s as if I had deleted and re-typed the entire segment content, then added a comment.

Thank you all for any hints you might provide

Parents Reply
  • According to your latest release of Trados 2017 cu9 this problem has been fixed! But I tried to run the update manually and I got an error that said "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch"

I have Trados Studio 2017 installed but does it have to be cu8 for it to upgrade to cu9? I've been waiting for the Perfect Match feature to be fixed in addition to this one before upgrading so I am back on cu5 still.
Children
No Data