References to an older version of the API assemblies after plugin migration from Studio 2019 to Studio 2022

Dear All,

I've started recently migration of our plugins from Studio 2019 to Studio 2022. To do that I follow the instructions given here:  How to update plugins to Studio 2021 

After the process plugin compiles and builds, but during launching Studio 2022 I see the warning pop-up saying Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi and Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi are in version 15.0.0.0 and the newer version of API installed.

Warning pop-up in Trados Studio indicating plugin references older API versions, with options to continue loading or not.

Plugin does not load and does not exists in Studio. Please find below references from *.csproj to libraries.

Code snippet from .csproj file showing references to Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi and Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi with version 17.0.0.0.

Am I missing something? Is it a bug in Studio 2022?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 10:33 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi  , please make reference to the latest documenation to understand 'How to update plugins to Trados Studio 2022'

Given the screenshot you attached above, I would also recommend the following:

1. Replace 'C:\Program Files (x86)\' with the MSbuild property '$(MSBuildProgramFiles32)'
    2. Remove any non-required metadata from the Trados Studio assembly reference declarations (e.g. Version, SpecificVersion, Culture, PublicKeyToken etc...)
      Example:
      <Reference Include="Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi">
        <HintPath>$(MSBuildProgramFiles32)\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17\Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.dll</HintPath>
      </Reference>
      <Reference Include="Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi">
          <HintPath>$(MSBuildProgramFiles32)\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17\Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.dll</HintPath>
      </Reference>

It might be that you have some redundant plugin / unpacked that might be provoking this issue?
    Please check and clean up any unused or redundant plugins from these locations:

Trados Studio 2019, 2021
    StudioVersion: 15, 16

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[StudioVersion]\Plugins\Packages\
    c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[StudioVersion]\Plugins\Unpacked\

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[StudioVersion]\Plugins\Packages\
    c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[StudioVersion]\Plugins\Unpacked\

c:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[StudioVersion]\Plugins\Packages\
    c:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[StudioVersion]\Plugins\Unpacked\

Trados Studio 2022

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins\Packages\
    c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins\Unpacked\

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins\Packages\
    c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins\Unpacked\

c:\ProgramData\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins\Packages\
    c:\ProgramData\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins\Unpacked\

try this and let me know how it goes

emoji
  • Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your reply.

I did as you suggested:

- I cleaned all folders where plugins could be installed for 2015 and 2022

- I changed references from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\' with the MSbuild property '$(MSBuildProgramFiles32)'

XML code snippet showing references to Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi and Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi with version 17.0.0.0 and hint paths modified to use MSBuildProgramFiles32 variable.

and unfortunately no sucess, still

Warning dialog from Trados Studio for third party plug-ins indicating the plugin defined in 'DGTRAD_RdM.plugin.xml' contains references to an older version of the API assemblies, which may cause stability problems. It lists two assemblies with a validation error 'Newer version of API installed.' and prompts to continue loading the plugin with 'Yes' and 'No' options.

We have 14 different plugins and only this one with references to *.IntegrationApi causes problems...

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:34 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
Reply Children