Update a Translation Memory Unit using the tmTranslation ID

Hi all,

Please let me know if I should direct this question to a different forum but wanted to start my check here.

Is there any POST endpoint on the REST API for worldserver to update a Translation Memory entry if you only have its ID?

For example we execute the search:

https://WSurl/ws-api/v2/tms/search?query=text eq 'Hello' and source eq 'English (United States)' and target eq 'Japanese' and tm eq 'TM - Name'&token=<token>

and get back:

"items": [
        {
            "score": 1.0,
            "lookup": {
                "locale": "en_US_English (United States)",
                "string": "Hello",
                "immutable": false,
                "normalizedString": "|Hello|"
            },
            "tmTranslation": {
                "id": 13445687,
                "source": {
                    "locale": "en_US_English (United States)",
                    "string": "Hello",
                    "normalizedString": "|Hello|"
                },
                "target": {
                    "locale": "ja_JP_Japanese",
                    "string": "こんばんは",
                    "normalizedString": "|こ|ん|ば|ん|は|"
                }
            }
        }],
Total: 1}
and we want to now update the translation for ID "13445687" from こんばんは to こんにちは -- I wanted to see if there was any API endpoint to do so as the only update command I've been able to find is the one for updating a segment with a tag number.
Thanks for any help!
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Anca,

I will investigate on my end as well but do you then know of anyway to update the translation memory segments in a comprehensive fashion?

E.g. I have an excel sheet or even an Xliff formated file with the tmTranslation ID, Source and Updated Target to update those specific TM Units? We are trying to make it easier for linguists to update this information so any way to indirectly update these units would be great (i.e. not going into the WS interface to search for each unit manually, etc).

We also don't want to export TMX and then reimport since that seems to interrupt some of the ICE matching metadata in some cases.

If you aren't sure I will investigate as mentioned but wondered if you'd encountered this use case.

• Hi Joseph,

There is a SOAP API for TM updates that might help you.
    You can use the wsdl pages from [protocol]://[ws_domain]/ws-legacy/services to see the available SOAP calls.
    You will need to use WSContext for authorization and TmWSTmEntry for TM updates.
    You can use a tool like SoapUI to check the SOAP calls, the list of parameters and to understand if you have everything you need in the excel import file.

SOAP calls are less friendly and more difficult to use than RESTfull calls, but using them might help you implement the TM automatic import you need.

I hope this information helps you.

Thank you,
    Anca