If you are wondering how to start with a Tridion Docs plugin from scratch? Then here is the solution –
To make your life easy our experts have already created the Tridion Docs Publish template. This framework contains the basics to create your own custom publish plugin. You can download the latest version from Github.
Once the package is downloaded, follow the steps to install it on your machine :
- Copy the TridionDocs_Publish.zip file to \My Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Templates\ProjectTemplates
Note: do not extract the zip file
- Start Visual Studio and click “Create a new project”
- You should see the new template in the list
- If you are unable to locate it, then Search with Tridion
- Select that template and click on Next.
- Provide the details and click on Create.
- It will create the project with all necessary folder and files
- Add references of all the required dll from your installation package.
That’s it. Hope this helps to start your new plugin.