Error codes

Hi.

I am having problems pushing a publication to Content Delivery from SDL Knowledge Center 2016. We are getting help from SDL support, so that is OK, but I thought this might be of interest to other users as well.

In the event log, I get messages like:

Publish process failed due to error 'Trisoft.InfoShare.Plugins.SDK.BackgroundTasks.BackgroundTaskException: SHELL command failed with error number -130200

At another time, earlier in the process I got the error number -130001.

My question is: 

• Are these TriDk error codes?
  • Where can I find out more information on what these mean? Be great for future use, too.

BTW. I am aware of these topics in the help pages, they don't provide the answer:

API Error Code Reference

Error codes

Parents
  • Hi Joakim,

On the flow you describe, I think logging attached as a file (paperclip icon) to EventMonitor might hold more. Next I would start looking into the log files on the WebApp server that hosts your BackgroundTask publish operation into 'Content Delivery' (I assume Reach 7.5 here). Generically in the end BackgroundTask communicates to an external system here which like DITA-OT, AntennaHouse or something custom which have their own error numbers; where possibly we try to wrap/standardize them (typical error numbers are in \PublishingService\Tools\ISHErrorCodes.vbs)

But based on the error number range (-13xxxx) I think you have the most success for this 'Content Delivery' (aka Reach) integration by checking the Reach log files.
  • Hi Joakim,

On the flow you describe, I think logging attached as a file (paperclip icon) to EventMonitor might hold more. Next I would start looking into the log files on the WebApp server that hosts your BackgroundTask publish operation into 'Content Delivery' (I assume Reach 7.5 here). Generically in the end BackgroundTask communicates to an external system here which like DITA-OT, AntennaHouse or something custom which have their own error numbers; where possibly we try to wrap/standardize them (typical error numbers are in \PublishingService\Tools\ISHErrorCodes.vbs)

But based on the error number range (-13xxxx) I think you have the most success for this 'Content Delivery' (aka Reach) integration by checking the Reach log files.
Children
No Data