KC 13 - DB Upgrade Tool - Full Export - missing data

Hey All,

Our team used the TriDKXmlSetup to export cardtypes, cards, lovs and fields from the KC 2016. I have tried to export the same data from KC 13 with the following PS script : InfoShare\App\Database\Common\DatabaseIndependent\Examples\Full-Export\

This is using the DB Upgrade Tool.

There are changes in the output XML structure which is not a problem, but there is also some missing data in the XML structure of the fields.

There are only these attributes for <field>:

• issystem
  • isbasic
  • ismandatory
  • isindexable

but there should be these also, according to the Field Setup XML structure documentation:

• allowonread
  • allowonupdate
  • allowoncreate
  • alloonsearch

Is there any way that I can get included that data also in the export XML?

(I found out that I can get that data with the ISHRemote -> Get-IshTypeFieldDefinition but then I should merge the full export XML and the PS script output which not feels as the right way)

Thanks in advance,

Attila

Parents
  • The full export XML generated by DBUpgradeTool is a direct view on the database components (fields, card types, lovs) without any business logic added to it.

This was also the case for TriDKXmlSetup. Since the database structure was slightly changed between KC 2016 and KC 13, some data is removed and some data got another label (e.g. "Searchable" became "Indexable").

On top of that there is a totally new web service API call which allows you to get a view on the internal business logic. This call is described in the documentation and has the result described in Field Setup XML structure documentation. It can be used to find out if a specific field can be requested and can be update. For instance, the field with the password of a user cannot be requested but can be updated. This new call can easily be accessed via ISHRemote.

So, depending on what the reason is that you used TriDKXmlSetup, you either have to switch to the new web service call which is now available or get the information from the modified full export XML.

• The full export XML generated by DBUpgradeTool is a direct view on the database components (fields, card types, lovs) without any business logic added to it.

This was also the case for TriDKXmlSetup. Since the database structure was slightly changed between KC 2016 and KC 13, some data is removed and some data got another label (e.g. "Searchable" became "Indexable").

On top of that there is a totally new web service API call which allows you to get a view on the internal business logic. This call is described in the documentation and has the result described in Field Setup XML structure documentation. It can be used to find out if a specific field can be requested and can be update. For instance, the field with the password of a user cannot be requested but can be updated. This new call can easily be accessed via ISHRemote.

So, depending on what the reason is that you used TriDKXmlSetup, you either have to switch to the new web service call which is now available or get the information from the modified full export XML.

Children