Service to import translated content

I am writing a piece of code that will take a file and write it back to the content manager.  However, in looking at the documentation, I can see a way to do that through the CLI.  Is there an equivalent service to accomplish the same thing or is CLI the only way?  My client is currently on Tridion Docs 13 SP2 but will be upgrading to 14 SP1 in the next couple of weeks.

Saul

Parents
  • Hi Saul,

I assume that CLI is the PowerShell ISHRemote library I pointed you to in https://community.sdl.com/developers-more/developers/tridiondocs-developers/f/livecontent_developer_forum/29158/tridion-docs-v14-sp1---translation-jobs

ISHRemote is public API driven - so in turn it is example code for what you want to do (Get-IshDocumentObj and Set-IshDocumentObj). You could consider SDL Content Importer client tools (definitely version 14.0.0 and up as they have command line improvements). You could retrieve a file over the web user interfaces (ISHCM) or over the Client Tools.

Pardon me for repeating my earlier question. I understand you technically want to achieve retrieving a file and submitting it back. Is this however, a one-off, a one-time-legacy migration or a full integration that needs to survive product upgrades?

-Dave

• Dave:

This is not a one-off.  We have two clients that have content that needs to be translated. The clients are willing to put the files needed for translation on to a shared folder or FTP server.  However, they want the translated files to be imported automatically back into the content manager.  They don't want to manually import.   My team is writing some Mediator code (most like in Java, but can be in C#)  that will monitor the shared folder and look for any new content.  New content will then be retrieved and sent to a workflow engine.  The workflow engine will then return a translated version of that file.  

Is it possible to retrieve the source contents using the API?  In my code, I am calling tJobClient.GetTranslationJob(..).  From the response, I can see the target locales in the workflow list and the content IDs in the container list along with the metadata.  Is it possible to get the source content from the container list GUIDs?  I see in PublicationOutput2.5 GetNextDataObjectChunkBy IshLngRef.  Is that the right place to grab the source content?

What I am looking for is the ability of the mediator to then import the file back into the content manager.  Is there any sample code or documentation that explains how to import content through code.  Our client has specified that they do not want us to use the CLI.

I hope that helps.

Saul

• Dave:

This is not a one-off.  We have two clients that have content that needs to be translated. The clients are willing to put the files needed for translation on to a shared folder or FTP server.  However, they want the translated files to be imported automatically back into the content manager.  They don't want to manually import.   My team is writing some Mediator code (most like in Java, but can be in C#)  that will monitor the shared folder and look for any new content.  New content will then be retrieved and sent to a workflow engine.  The workflow engine will then return a translated version of that file.  

Is it possible to retrieve the source contents using the API?  In my code, I am calling tJobClient.GetTranslationJob(..).  From the response, I can see the target locales in the workflow list and the content IDs in the container list along with the metadata.  Is it possible to get the source content from the container list GUIDs?  I see in PublicationOutput2.5 GetNextDataObjectChunkBy IshLngRef.  Is that the right place to grab the source content?

What I am looking for is the ability of the mediator to then import the file back into the content manager.  Is there any sample code or documentation that explains how to import content through code.  Our client has specified that they do not want us to use the CLI.

I hope that helps.

Saul

Children